Another LBS report is out, this one from IE Market Research, entitled 3Q.2010 Global GPS Navigation and Location Based Services Forecast. Some highlights:
- LBS adoption will accelerate across the globe.: the total addressable global market for GPS navigation and location based mobile services will rise by a CAGR of 51.3% to $13.4 billion in 2014, from $1.6 billion in 2009.
- Location Enabled Search and Advertising will see total spend rise significantly from $207.3 million in 2009 to $5.9 billion in 2014, making it the fastest growing segment in the LBS market place.
- By 2014, there will be 780 million unique users of Location Enabled Search and Advertising with 15.6 billion click thrus.
- North America (Canada and the United States) will account for 32.4% of the world market share for GPS navigation and LBS spend in 2014.
- The biggest growth coming from Location Enabled Search and Advertising in the North American market. Total spend in this category will rise in North America at a CAGR of 136% to reach $2 billion by 2014.
To order the full report, go to: https://www.iemarketresearch.com/Members/Reports/ReportList.aspx?RepID=21&flag=1